The configuration holds the way data is exchanged between connection clients.
- Connections: defining the connection type used and the specific parameters
for this connection. For each of the connections you specify how the client
communicates with the dispatcher.
- Tables and field mapping: what source tables and fields to exchange, to
what destination it should be written, and what function is executed in
- Functions: the translation scripts (VB or Java)
- Batch scheduler: defining a batch-oriented task and schedule the frequency
- One source may be distributed to different
destinations. One source record or one OPC source item can be distributed to
multiple destination clients (databases, OPC servers, ...), tables or multiple
- Obsolete check. With this option you can
delete obsolete records in the destination database, without adding extra
fields to that database, or without deleting the entire table and recreating
- Update time control. This function will
'park' transactions that have an older update timestamp then the last update
written to the destination database table. This should prevent the application
of updating the database with old not relevant data.
- Configuring OPC by directly connecting to
the OPC server.
- Testing the translate-functions while
developing them in the 'Functions' section
- Scheduling night-time shutdown and restart
of the system. To enable backup of database without having the PRODBX client